Buying pre-owned golf clubs seems to be the trend nowadays. This may be attributed to the high cost of buying new ones. At the same time, buying discounted or cheap golf clubs has been made easy and simple enough. You could actually avail of high quality cheap golf clubs from the following: online, sports shops, pawnshops, garage sales and professional players.
Even when you have the means to buy the new set of golf clubs, you may still want to consider the option of purchasing used clubs. Why? Simply because there are advantages from buying discounted golf clubs too.
So, should you buy used golf clubs instead of new ones? You should because of the following reasons:
- You are the type of person whose enthusiasm for things or sports is always short-lived. When you like to try out new things and then drop them like hot potato the next month, then you are a good candidate for buying cheap golf clubs.
- You are just new to playing golf. If you are still trying out the feel of the game or if you are not completely committed yet to this sport, then you should opt for used golf clubs instead of new ones. You may feel trapped later on when you finally realize that this is not the sport for you but due to the expensive equipment, you are forced to continue. There is no need to invest in a new set if you are still feeling your way around golf. Remember, the value of the new set depreciates fast enough so even though you could sell them, you already incurred loss right from the start.
- Second hand golf clubs are actually easier to use than new ones. So if you are just a novice, used golf clubs are more ideal for you. With previously owned golf clubs, there is already the feel and the easiness of handling the golf clubs compared to the stiffness of the new ones.
- Cheap golf clubs are actually thoroughly checked by golf equipment professionals before they were placed for sale. This is because the buying shops or retail stores know that they would not be able to sell the golf clubs at good prices if they are damaged or in bad condition. Not only that, but their reputation and credibility would be compromised with poor quality golf clubs, which is simply not worth any profit or gain in the long run.
When should you not buy cheap golf clubs then? Opt to buy the new ones because:
- You have full intention of mastering the sport of golf. If you are really keen on taking this sport, then make it official by investing in it. This could even serve as your motivation when the initial enthusiasm seems to wane due to the challenges of learning the ropes of this sport.
- You are already a good player. You deserve to become a better player by having golf clubs that are suited and very specific for your needs. You have the liberty to choose your own set of golf clubs that feel just right when you handle them. Plus, you deserve new ones after passing all the obstacles and challenges of becoming a good player.
- There is warranty. You money is protected because new ones always come with manufacturers’ warranties unlike the used golf clubs.
Like all purchases, smart ones are made when thorough researches are made before the purchase. Take the time to study all angles and considerations prior to finalizing your order. After all, golf clubs are expensive equipment. Exhaust all means of studies and inquiries before you decide.