What is high quality content according to Google? After we publish our Post; Google Panda 2.2. We found out that many bloggers still do not understand what Google means by high quality content. If you had been reading the post and reads the post by Official Google Web Master, Google already giving few hints on what do they mean by High Quality content. The new Panda Algorithm change SEO by putting High Quality content first in mind before other things. When you’re writing a post for your blog, you need to remember that you’re writing for a person/readers not for Search Engine. Your old SEO technique will not work. You should think about new strategy on how to deliver high quality content for your readers. Google Panda had been started globally for Google English language users since 11 April 2011.
My advice on high quality content:
1. Publish your original works. Its maybe your writing, pictures or even videos that cannot be found elsewhere. Google had been introducing rel=”author” that indicates the original author of the article. Many online news had been starting this new authorship markup. You can quote other people works but please make sure you quote them properly (by giving a link to the original article). Malaysian news will be using this authorship markup soon.To many articles by other bloggers in your post also will be give you penalty in Google Panda. Copy content from others will not help you come on top of Search Engine Result page (SERP) anymore.
2. No typos error in your article. Make sure you double check your article spelling or grammar in your article before publishing them.
3. Your content should be what your readers want. Writing about hot topic using Google trends that not related to your blog niche will not be working anymore. You should install Google Webmaster to learn more about what you should write in your blog. Under keywords, you can see keywords significance. This should be a simple guide on what your blog is all about. You can also add Facebook or Twitter counter to help Google know that your readers share you post. Try to build a keywords significance if you don’t have anything under 100%.
4. Do research first before you publish your content. In my personal opinion, Google want to improve their PR algorithm by removing blog with content that give no value to readers.
5. If readers/vistors read your post, can they trust what you write in your blog? Trust is not easy to build for a new blog like SBC. One way to get your readers trust is to display your current Pagerank. Another ways is to build your blog networks/buddies. When they see their familiar bloggers in your blog, it will help them to trust your blog. You should write something that you know not something that everyone wrote. Understand the topic that you write before you’re thinking about publishing them.
6. Facebook, Twitter and +1 button counters will be some of the indicators that your readers like your article. Make sure you add any of the social media share button, to make it easy for your readers to share your article.
Some readers also asked, how to write a high quality article in a personal blog? In my personal opinion, as long as you don’t copy someone content and your readers like what you post in your blog, Google will consider that as a quality content. But it will be better if you find a niche for your blog to help you get higher Pagerank. If you’re saying that you don’t follow all of the above but still get a Pagerank 4 from the recent Google Pagerank update, Pagerank and SERP are 2 different things. Please remember, google has just start Panda/farmer for English language users, your Malay blogs still save for now. It will go global soon.
Google will not show their actual ranking signal but if you can get some insight about them by reading their post; What counts as a high-quality site?
Are you ready for new Google Panda update?