To anyone who get a PR upgrade, congratulations to you. Hopefully, it will motivated you to blog more frequently. But many blogging friends of mine asking why some blog still PR0 or PR drop? What have they do wrong? They have the necessary amount of backlink that can get them at least one Page Rank. I has seen many Malaysia Personal bloggers had received their first PR and some of them amazingly received PR4, congratulations. Anyone who are hard working on finding their blog inbound links received a higher PR then the rest. The PR4 will make it easier for you to be in the top of Search Engine Result Page (SERP) if you have the knowledge. We had been talking about Google Panda update yesterday, the reasons why some blogs are downgrading related to that update too.
Why the Pagerank PR0 or PR Downgrade?
1. Your site maybe had been penalized by Google Panda update because of low quality content. The low quality content most probably come from the earlier days of your blog and you have many link related to them. Deleting them will help you rank in SERP better but will remove your old inbound links.
2. Google had been detecting that you’re selling link to websites or advertisers. Some of you maybe had been writing too many paid post versus your original content. I can see some bloggers in Malaysia keep on publishing paid posts (with outbound links) two weeks non-stop, one post per days. Google don’t like a blog selling links to other websites. Try to cover your paid posts with your own content.
3. Your blog uploading is very slow. Anything that over 20 seconds is consider as very slow. People will go away from your blog and your bounce rate will be very high. Anything over 75% are consider as having a high bounce rate. You can install Google analytics to help you check your blogs bounce rate and statistic.
4. Google had detected that your blog high inbound link is not natural. Some new blogs do have a very high amount of inbound link that looks not natural to Google. Like I said in my effective blogwalking post, you must be careful when you’re doing blogwalking. Over 150 links per days will be consider as unnatural, you should stop when you already have 100 links on the same day.
5. One of your inbound links maybe had been slapped by Google Panda as link farm. Google will not count your inbound link from Autoblogs but you maybe had mistakenly put your link in a link farm site. When looking for inbound link, we must be careful and know how to check them. You can check your inbound link in Google by searching “link:example.com”.
6. Google most probably detected that your blog had too many copypaste content from other sites. As reported by Google Panda update, Google don’t like copypaste content. Content is king in blogging, you need to be original if you want Google to noticing your blog.
7. Low post frequency. I had seen many blog with high PR before had been downgrade to low PR because they don’t update their blog anymore.
8. To many 404 errors. You maybe had been deleting your blog posts but don’t remove them from search engine or too many dead links. Try using Webpage removal Tool by Google. I am using Google webmaster central to check my link errors or any malware in my blogs. Google Webmaster central also important for checking blog inbound and outbound link.
Google said that Pagerank is not link to SERP algorithm but I had seen some of SBC post going a little bit lower when a blog with higher PR come in with the same keywords. I read in some blogging forum, this update is not final yet. You have time around one weeks to delete all posts or links that Google don’t like. I myself had experience it before. One of a link in my blog has been slapped as link farm (it downgrade my blog), removing just a single link had save my blog PR when the PR had been finalized.These are not the only reasons, I know some bloggers had their own opinion.
Any of you have a downgrade PR and related to this thing that we are discussing in here?